My home is stressing me out big time. I’m completely disorganized, messy and I think this might have been a leading cause as to why I felt like crud last week. I walk into my home and my first thought is, oh I just want to sit down, I’m oh so tired. Moments before walking into my home, I WAS feeling pumped and ready to do something productive. What the heck brain???
I’m stuck in an endless cycle. I’m not trying to complain I’m just frustrated with myself. My shoes are scattered in the entry way, the floor needs to be swept and scrubbed. My entry way table has a massive invite, and it’s not picky, to all shapes and sizes of paper. Table : Hey you receipt, wanna join our party? Receipt: F yea, can I bring a few million of my friends and their friends?? Then the mail shows up with books and the whole thing is like a kegger from a teen/young adult movie. Then it migrates to my dinner table and grows!
My personalities are battling it out. My lazy side is winning while my control freak side is somehow whimpering in a corner. Pure frustration. I need to de-clutter, clean and keep up a steady routine in order to find SOME sort of balance. First I’m going to make a list! This list is everything that I need either clean and organize. Lots to do!
List for Downstairs
- Kitchen : Dishes, counters, fridge, window covering, floors (sweep, scrub & vacuum), sink, oven, & cabinets.
- Entry : Shoes, floors (sweep, scrub & find a rug), coat closet, & table.
- Dining Room : Table and floor (vacuum).
- Living Room : Bookcases (DVD, mini stand for remotes & 2 for books), sofa, chair, coffee table, TV stand, fire place & mantle, desk, wall shelf above desk, knitting area and floor (vacuum).
- Bathroom : Toilet, sink, mirror, cabinet & floor (sweep, scrub & vacuum).
List for Upstairs
- Master Bedroom : Laundry, bookcases, night stands, ottoman, bed & floor (vacuum).
- Closet : Laundry baskets, clothes, storage & floor (vacuum).
- Master Bathroom : Toilet, sink, mirror, cabinet, over toilet storage, shower & floor (sweep, scrub & vacuum).
- Hallway : Linen closet, laundry closet, stairs & & floor (vacuum).
- 2nd Bedroom : Crafts, bookcases, closet & floor (vacuum).
With this list I need to put some of the things I’ve learn from researching minimalist ideals from the books I talked about briefly in my battling chaos post. I’ll talk more about that in Battling Chaos v.2.
Tiffany – The Tangled Taurus